Professional theater of the Great Western Catskills!
Feb 8, 2022
Actors Equity Association (AEA) Stage Manager
The AEA Stage Manager manages the rehearsal and performance process within the rules set by the collective bargaining agreement between the Franklin Stage Company (FSC) and AEA for a Small Professional Theater (SPT) Tier IV contract. This position is a member of the production team dedicated to making the production run smoothly and efficiently within the resources provided.
Supervisor: Artistic Directors/General Manager
Supervises: Stage Management Intern(s) and other Interns in production duties
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage rehearsals and call performances within guidelines of the CBA between FSC and AEA and working within the systems of Franklin Stage Company.
- Work with the Artistic Directors/General Manager and Director to create rehearsal schedules for each show and ensure that all elements are rehearsed prior to and during technical rehearsals.
- Manage the transition of all show elements from the rehearsal room to the mainstage.
- Work with management to schedule photo shoots, filming, and other marketing related needs.
- Supervise Interns in production duties during Rehearsal, Technical Rehearsals, Performances, and other projects as needed.
- Maintain communication with and between all production departments and artists.
- Create and maintain a prompt book and calling script for each production that is the hub of all information and kept in a secure and accessible location.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and organized working environment.
- Participate in work calls, meetings and events as required.
- Experience in working with people and management of crews.
- Experience in maintaining a prompt book and calling performances.
- Experience communicating between departments and managing meetings.
- Ability to read and interpret ground plans and design drawings.
- Ability to take blocking notes and compose rehearsal/performance reports
- Attention to detail, sense of timing, and accuracy of work.
- Optimism, sense of humor, creativity, problem-solving abilities, and the ability to work under time constraints with artistic people and interns as well as working on projects alone.
- Team player with outstanding problem-solving abilities, time management skills, diplomacy, and communication.
- Experience working on straight plays and plays with music. Experience working on musicals is a plus.
- Experience running a light and/or sound board is a plus.
- Must be a member of Actors Equity Association or willing and able to comply with conditions of an AEA contract.
- This employee position will operate between mid June and late August, on a contract basis (SPT, Tier IV).
- This position requires working 6 days per week and alternates between days and evenings. The show schedule is set by FSC. The rehearsal schedule is normally during the day, but it is set in conjunction with the Artistic Directors, director and the actors.
- There is an office off the rehearsal room.
- There can be access to a printer, copier, phone, and wifi–enabled internet.
- The work environment is mainly the rehearsal hall, theater and the tech booth.
- The theater and tech booth are temperature controlled. At times the rehearsal hall will be hotter than the theater space.
- Some of these locations require stair access.
- Mobility: ability to stand, bend, reach, carry, climb stairs.
- Safely lifting loads of 50 pounds by oneself.
- Visual acuity to distinguish color, texture and patterns.
- Audio acuity to call shows based on changes in music and sounds.
Franklin Stage Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics and any other areas protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, Franklin Stage Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If you are interested and available for FSC’s Summer Season, please send a cover letter and resume, or list of your past theater experience.
Contact Info & Getting Here
PARKING & ACCESSIBILITY
The Franklin Stage Company is located at 25 Institute Street, Franklin, NY with parking in the Franklin Central School parking lot. We are 50 miles east of Binghamton, 10 miles west of Oneonta, and 35 miles southwest of Cooperstown. Chapel Hall is air conditioned and handicapped accessible with ADA ramp and bathroom.